I went to a Japanese restaurant with a coworker for lunch two weeks ago. I ordered a roll and two side salads. The salads were served with a tangy dressing, which was good, but got too tangy by the time I got to my second salad, so I added a little bit of dressing, and some wasabi soy sauce mixture. IT WAS SO GOOD!! (In my opinion). I then suggested to Dear Fiance Steven that we have that for dinner the following Sunday. He wasn’t too thrilled about it, but agreed to it.
I just wanted to use salmon for this salad, but we have some king crab legs, so we yanked out the crab meat and served it with the salad. 😉
This salad is really good!! The dressing, the salmon, all of it!! Dear Fiance Steven liked it too!! He particularly liked the seared salmon! 😀
Salmon Sashimi Salad
2 Hearts of Romaine Lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Sashimi-Grade Salmon Filets
1/4 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
1. Wash & drain lettuce, set aside.
2. Season one filet with the coarse sea salt. Using a torch, sear all sides of filet and slice.
3. Slice the other salmon filet unseared.
4. Assemble the salad together by placing the lettuce in a bowl/plate and topping with pieces of various salmon.
5. Serve with Wasabi Sesame Vinaigrette or your favorite salad dressing.
Wasabi Sesame Vinaigrette
1.5-2 tsp Wasabi
1 Tbsp Seasoned Rice Vinegar
3 Tbsp White Vinegar
1 tsp Sesame Oil
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Sugar
1. Using a whisk, whisk together ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Serve with Salad.