When there’s a bake sale or a potluck at work…I usually get way too excited and go all out. I love to bake…but I often cannot find enough people to eat my food…so when I KNOW there will be recipients/eaters. I go for it!! 🙂
This is one of the items I baked for our bake sale at work last month. Unfortunately, I didn’t get much feedback, but I did try one, and I can’t say I liked it a lot. I baked another flourless peanut butter cookie a while back, and I THINK that one was better. This one had a finer/smoother bite to it, but it flattened A LOT as it baked. The other one held its shape, but had more of a crumbly texture. You could also feel the crunch of the sugar as you chew it. I guess they each have their pros & cons, but I prefer the older one better.
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie (adapted from Chocolate & Carrots)
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 Whole Egg + 1 Egg White
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, eggs, and baking soda until smooth.
3. Using a spatula, stir in chocolate chips.
4. Using a small cookie scoop, drop dough 2 inches apart onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
There was a charity bake sale at work last week, and since I LOVE to bake, but can’t find enough people to eat the food, I LOVE bake sales (and potlucks)!! I took advantage of this and one of the things that I made are these PB&J Shortbread Bars. I first saw this on Tracey’s Culinary Adventures, and I thought they were perfect for a bake sale and perfect for testing out the pre-cut parchment paper from The Smart Baker (see post here).
To do the product testing in one go, I doubled this recipe and made a square version and a round version. The square version, I cut into 16 2×2 squares, and the round version, I cut into 12 wedges.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Shortbread Bars/Wedges (adapted from Tracey’s Culinary Adventures)
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
1/4 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 Cups Flour
2/3 Cups Strawberry Preserves (or any other flavor preserves/jelly/jam)
1. Line a 9-inch round springform pan with parchment paper (I used some Pre-Cut Parchment by The Smart Baker, it works like a charm!…;))
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and peanut butter.
3. Add sugar & salt and beat until light & fluffy.
4. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
5. Add flour and beat until incorporated.
6. Remove 1/3 of the dough, form into a disk, wrap it with plastic wrap, and freeze for one hour.
7. Press remaining dough into an even layer at the bottom of the springform pan, spread the preserves evenly in the center of the dough (leaving an edge like a pizza crust), refrigerate.
8. When you’ve reached one hour of freezing the initial disk, preheat oven to 350F, break frozen dough into pieces and sprinkle on top of the preserves.
9. Bake for 40 minutes (or so) until shortbread is golden brown.
10. Cool completely before cutting with a pizza wheel (or knife).