I wanted to make something sweet and tart, so I decided to make some white chocolate scones with some sort of tarter flavor added.
Orange Cranberry White Chocolate Scones (adapted from allrecipes.com)
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Baking Soda
4 Cups Flour
1 Cup Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Salt
1 Cup Butter
1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Orange Extract
1/2 Cup White Chocolate
1/2 Cup Craisins
1. Combine sour cream and baking soda, and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350F.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
4. Cut butter into flour mixture until combined.
5. Add sour cream mixture, egg, and the extracts, and mix until combined.
6. Stir in white chocolate chips and craisins.
7. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour, until firm.
8. Remove from bowl and shape into desired shape and bake for 15 minutes (until bottom of the scone is golden-brown).