I know I know…this post is a whole season late…but…but…eh…I have no excuses…:P
So…for Easter…to be a little festive…I made these Easter Nests and gave them away as gifts. These are super easy to make, and they look pretty, and supposedly tastes good (I didn’t try one).
The original recipe uses jelly beans, but I don’t think jelly beans look like eggs, but look like…well…beans. So I wanted to use Cadbury Mini Eggs, but there weren’t any at the Target I went to, so I went with Almond M&Ms. 🙂
Maybe you can make some next Easter! 🙂
Easter Nests (makes 24…adapted from allrecipes)
1 Stick Butter
4 Cups Mini Marshmallows
7 Cups Chow Mein Noodles
72 Almond M&Ms
1. Spray two muffin pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large nonstick saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter over medium heat. Stir until the butter and marshmallows have melted.
3. Stir in the chow mein noodles, coat well.
4. Using a large spoon/ice cream scoop, scoop coated noodles into each well of the muffin pan, one by one. Using the back of the spoon/scoop, make a well in the noodles to create a nest (it’s ok if the noodles break a little, the m&ms would cover it, and each strand of the nest shouldn’t be the same length anyway).
5. Place 3 (different colored) m&ms in each nest.
6. Refrigerate overnight until set.