I promised Steven that I’d make him breakfast on Sunday, but I had issues getting up in the morning, we had breakfast for dinner. 🙂
Steak Omelet with Mushrooms & Peppers
1 pan-seared steak, sliced (make sure you don’t slice it RIGHT AFTER it’s done cooking, you want it to cool a little to lock in the moisture)
5-6 cloves minced garlic
10 mushrooms, thickly sliced (one mushroom yields 3-5 slices ONLY)
10 small sweet peppers, cut into strips
2 tsp oil
1/4-1/2 cup milk
Some Cheddar (or any kind of) Cheese
1. In the cast iron pan used for the steak, heat garlic in oil until fragrant.
2. Saute mushrooms and sweet peppers until cooked and browned (about 8 minutes?)
3. In a bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined.
4. In a frying pan, heat oil on high for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and pour in 1/2 of the egg mixture. Sprinkle on desired amount of cheese and let it to cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, slice the steak.
6. Add to the egg 1/2 of the sauteed veggies and let cook for another 1-2 minutes.
7. While the egg is still a little jiggly, add in 1/2 of the sliced eggs, lining them up so that a “path” is created in the center for the fold of the egg.
8. Carefully fold egg in half. Cook 1 minute, then flip and cook for another minute.
9. Sprinkle some more cheese on top and serve! 🙂