Steven’s been requesting scones for a couple of weeks now, and I finally made some yesterday. I wanted to give my scones a twist, so I decided to create some Milk Tea Scones. I have to say, although these scones were good and full of tea flavor, it was lacking the Milk Tea essence. The only form of liquid in this recipe is sour cream and an egg, so it was lacking the milk flavor. I must give this recipe some research and modify it. 🙂
Milk/Black Tea Scones – Trial One (Adapted from AllRecipes.com)
Tea leaves from 4 tea bags of Black Tea
1 cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Baking Soda
4 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Salt
1 cup Butter, cold and cubed
1. Heat sour cream in microwave/double boiler, being careful not to let it curdle. Add tea leaves and let seep for 15 minutes – 1 hour. Add baking soda, set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar and salt.
4. Cut butter into flour mixture until combined.
5. Add sour cream mixture and egg, mix until combined.
6. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour, until firm.
7. Remove from bowl and shape into desired shape (I used 2 inch star cookie cutters) and bake for 18 minutes.
8. Drizzle icing (2 Tbsp Milk & 1 cup Powdered Sugar, Mixed well) on top of scones.