This week’s recipe is chosen by Nicole of Sweet Tooth. I have to say Thank You to Nicole for choosing this yummy recipe. This was the best chocolate cake recipe, ever! I served it to a couple of friends and they absolutely loved it!! Steven’s momma had one without the whipped cream and already LOVED it!!…she loved it even more with the whipped cream.
I made a couple changes to the recipe…
1. I made cupcakes and baked them for 18 minutes.
2. I made a Horlicks whipped cream topping in place of the chocolate malted frosting.
3. I use Maltesers in place of Whoppers.
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Horlicks
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Stir together all ingredients in a small bowl, cover and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
2. Whip ingredients on high until stiff peaks form.
Sadly, the whipped cream didn’t have enough malt flavor. When I make the whipped cream for the remaining eight, I am going to put more Horlicks to try and up the malt flavor.