I was craving mango salsa a while back. Took me a while to satisfy this craving because I don’t eat cilantro or a lot of raw onions, so I had to make my own.
This was yummy and totally satisfied my craving! The cucumber and nectarine gave the salsa some crunch and freshness! Loved it!!!
Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
6 Skinless, Boneless, Chicken Thighs, visible fat-removed
8 Taco-Sized Flour Tortillas, heated
8 tsp Mexican blend Shredded Cheese
2 Cups Mango Salsa (recipe below)
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chicken as flat as possible on baking sheet. Sprinkle generously with salt.
3. Bake chicken in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from oven and shred into bite-sized pieces with two forks.
5. Serve with warmed tortillas, cheese, and the mango salsa.
8 oz can of tomato sauce (I used Rotel Mild Zesty Tomato Sauce)
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced finely
1 Cucumber, peeled, diced finely
1 Nectarine, diced finely
2 Mangoes, diced (I couldn’t find any fresh mangoes, so I used a bag of frozen mangoes)
1 Lime (just the juice)
1. Mix everything together, and serve with chicken tacos, or tortilla chips!