Steven’s been craving White Clam Sauce Linguine for about a week now, and I finally made it this past Friday. I found the Amazing White Clam Sauce recipe on AllRecipes.com. I took advice from some of the reviews and scaled down the amount of crushed pepper and used heavy whipping cream instead of half & half. I also made some other changes. This is VERY yummy, and VERY easy to make. :D
White Clam Sauce Linguine with Shrimp
1/4 cup Olive Oil
20 Shrimps, peeled and deveined
1/8 tsp Salt
1 Bulb Garlic, minced
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
7 oz Clams, chopped
1 1/4 cup Clam Juice
*Note: You can use 3 (6.5 oz ) cans of clams, drained, but juice reserved. I used the macho Costco-sized cans, so I divided the content into 3 servings.”
8 oz Linguine
Parmesan Cheese for topping
Parsley Flakes for topping
1. Heat 1/2 of the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add 1/4 of the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add shrimp and salt and cook until they’re golden brown. Pour shrimp into a bowl and set aside.
2. Add the rest of the olive oil in the skillet. Add the rest of the garlic, red and black pepper and cook until the garlic starts to change color. Pour in the clam juice and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Gradually stir in the heavy cream and simmer for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. While sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine pasta and cook for 8 minutes. Drain.
5. Add clams and shrimp to the sauce and cook until the clams are heated through. Stir in the linguine.
6. Place pasta & sauce on plate, and top with parmesan cheese and parsley flakes.